Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tuesday, December 4 - Hidden from the Wise

This is the 3rd day of Advent. Still waiting in joyful hope.

I recently told this story to María Johnson and wouldn't you know it, it fits right in with today's Gospel (Luke 10: 21)

In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I thank thee, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to babes; yea, Father, for such was thy gracious will.

When my son Julian was 2 years old, he wanted eveything now, now now (in this way he is a typical child). So I'd say to him, "Patience is a virtue" apparently it sunk in. A year later I'd ask, "What is patience?" He'd respond, "A virtue"

Just a few days ago I told him that I couldn't wait for Baby Jesus to come to us on December 25th. He looked at me with those twinkling brown eyes and said, "Mommy, patience is a virtue. And anyway… (and here comes the way he's NOT a typical child) Jesus already lives in your heart forever"

Indeed He does!

I think he's got more than one lesson learned.


And wouldn't you know it…we're one day closer! (21)

No comments: